- Food. Food. More food. Not only that, but it's the best kind of food...comfort food. Sure, Christmas has food, but how many Food Network specials are devoted to leftover Christmas food? Zilch. That, and each Christmas meal differs (roast, prime rib, ham, turkey, etc.) Thanksgiving? Turkey. That's it. Fry it, grill it, roast it. Doesn't matter.
- Booze. Beer, wine, and/or mixed drinks. None of that Egg Nog with spiced rum crap.
- You don't have to worry about presents, Christmas cards, etc. All you have to worry about is eating and drinking to excess on Thursday.
- For many of us, it's a guaranteed 4-day weekend every year. When Christmas is, say, on a Tuesday, many of us have to go back to work the next day. Not me (ha! ha!), but some people do......
- Let's look at the TV schedule, shall we? Thanksgiving Day - 3 NFL games. (the Lions are still an NFL team, right?) Friday - College football rivalry games. Saturday - More rivalry games. Sunday - NFL games. Monday - Monday Night Football. By my count that's 5 straight days of football. Christmas? One NFL game and a handful of meaningless NBA games. As opposed to meaningful NBA games.
- Turkey Trots all over the country tomorrow morning. Christmas? Not as many because of the whole "opening presents" thing. Speaking of Turkey Trots...my mom is going to do her first one tomorrow in Phoenix. I'm very excited for her and more than a little nervous. See...she has NO cartilage in one of her knees. None. Not an ounce of it. So, instead of bowing out when she hears that news from her doctor, she still intends to do it. Typical. Stop on over to her blog and wish her good luck! Her latest post pretty much exemplifies every Thanksgiving we had from 1986 - 2000
Oh, about that wager. It kind of died on the vine. I suggested singing the winner's fight song on the podcast. XC2 suggested face tattoos (WTF?) and Ian said he'd forgo the spread. We agreed, though, that the jersey thing had been played out (no link). I'm just chalking this up to another NU victory. Sidenote - For the past 3 meetings in Boulder a coach has been fired (Solich, Barnett, Callahan). Looks like that streak will continue this year.